The court has the right, obligation, and duty to enforce awards, judgments, and orders it has made in any family law case. The court can and will enforce provisions regarding alimony, child support, and attorney fees by contempt. The court may also issue a judgment for the enforcement of equitable distribution.

A request for enforcement of an award, judgment, or order is typically made by motion and does not require a Supplemental Petition to be filed if the case has been closed.

Related Issues:
Parental Responsibility
Custody/Substantial Time Sharing
Visitation/Time Sharing
Child Support

Related proceedings: