James E. Royal
Mr. Royal graduated from Stetson University, College of Law, in 2002 and began practicing in 2006.
Mr. Royal was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida, graduating from Duncan U. Fletcher High School in 1993 and Jacksonville Univeristy in 1997. He moved to the Tampa Bay area in 1999 to attend law school.
Mr. Royal joined the Law Offices of Thomas J. Donnelly in 2005 as a law clerk and moved into his role as an associate attorney in 2006. Prior to joining the firm, he worked in real estate and mortgage lending. Prior to moving from Jacksonville, he worked in insurance arbitration.
Mr. Royal has served in the role of Campaign Manager for an elected judicial candidate for Circuit Court.
Mr. Royal has a long history of volunteer service, working with the Boy Scouts of America and many other organizations. He received the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award from Stetson University in 2002. He has won several awards for his service to the legal community including the Clearwater Bar Association's President's Award.
Mr. Royal concentrates his practice in Family Law, General Civil Litigation, Probate and Estate Planning. However, working in the Donnelly Professional Center, he has gained experience in other areas of practice, including Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, and Contracts and other issues.
Mr. Royal has also argued before and successfully represented clients in the Second District Court of Appeals.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Probate and Estate Planning
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- J.D. - 2002
- Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, Florida
- B.S. - 1997
- Major: Chemistry
- Duncan U. Fletcher High School - 1993
Honors and Awards
- Florida Bar Foundation Fellow
- Clearwater Bar Association – President’s Award, 2010 - 2011
- Eagle Scout
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award, Stetson University, 2002 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section
- The Florida Bar, Real Estate and Probate Section
- Clearwater Bar Association
- Canakaris Inn of Court for Family Law
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Past Employment Positions
- Elected judicial candidate for Circuit Court, Campaign Manager
Pro Bono Activities
- Boy Scouts of America
- Order of the Arrow
- Phi Gamma Delta